Saturday, May 15, 2010

The AWESOME Show with Wicked Wonderland - 5/15/10 Playlist

Ronnie James Dio - one of the most amazing, talented, classiest, and most legendary people in music. I will never forget the day I was first introduced to him. It was one Saturday afternoon in October 2007, I was watching Metal Mania and the video for "Rainbow In The Dark" came on, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever and I immediately put it on my iPod after that and listened to it A LOT that week. Then after that I heard more of his music with Dio, Black Sabbath, and Rainbow and loved every single song. Even some of my absolute favorite artists have at least ONE song from them I dislike. I have yet to hear a song of his that I haven't liked. Every single song of his I've heard, whether with Dio or Sabbath or Rainbow, has been amazing. I also remember last year being SO excited for the Heaven And Hell album, and especially the night of March 20th, 2009, when Eddie Trunk premiered "Bible Black" on his Friday Night Rocks show. I remember hearing that song for the first time that night and being speechless at it's amazingness. The next day I was listening to the song nonstop; that song as of now has 102 plays on my iPod. Then I got the album the day it came out on April 28th, 2009 at Best Buy and even got the awesome bonus DVD with a 21 minute video of them working on the album. I know I have only recently became a fan of his, but over this time he has grown to become one of my all-time favorite musicians. Tonight there has been a rumor floating around various places on the internet, most notably Twitter, that he has lost his battle to stomach cancer. I am hoping this is false and some heartless lowlife just started this rumor to be a jerk, but if it is true, thanks for the awesome music and memories. R.I.P. (July 10th, 1942 - May 16th, 2010)

UPDATE: Blabbermouth.net have confirmed that at about 7:45 A.M. this morning, Ronnie James Dio passed away. I am completely saddened and speechless by this news. My condolences go out to his family and friends, and once again, thanks Dio for all the phenomenal music.


(PRE-SHOW)
Ashanti - Foolish
Dream - He Loves U Not
Ace Of Base - Lucky Love

Megadeth - In My Darkest Hour
Guns 'N' Roses - Garden Of Eden
Slayer - Mandatory Suicide
T.T. Quick - Metal Of Honor
W.A.S.P. - Widowmaker
Twisted Sister - Shoot 'Em Down
Warlock - Metal Racer
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
Savatage - Strange Wings
Van Halen - Unchained
Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
Kiss - Modern Day Delilah
Rush - Anthem
Accept - Guardian Of The Night
Black Sabbath - Computer God
Heaven & Hell - Atom & Evil
Rainbow - Stargazer
Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
Heaven & Hell - Double The Pain
Heaven & Hell - Bible Black
Dio - Invisible
Dio - The Last In Line
Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell
Black Sabbath - Lonely Is The Word
Rainbow - Catch The Rainbow
Dio - Naked In The Rain
Rainbow - Man On The Silver Mountain
Dio - One Night In The City
Dio - Stand Up And Shout
Black Sabbath - Neon Knights
Dio - Rock 'N' Roll Children
Rainbow - Gates Of Babylon (Closing ballad)

No comments:

Post a Comment